We would love our Leeds Community to join us in getting fit, feeling good and helping us to raise funds for young families in Leeds facing crisis.
Every single mile you cover will help us raise funds for Leeds Baby Bank to enable us to support more families have a better, kinder experience. 1 in 5 children in our region live in poverty and we are on a mission to stop this and protect our children.
Be one of our LBBMilers
Can you make one of our families smile?
This August we pledge to cover 5000 miles around our beautiful Leeds city region to raise £5000 for the families in Leeds that LBB support.
You can choose your involvement and ‘bank’ your miles with us to be a part of our smilers. So far we have commitments to:
- Walk the dog a mile a day.
- Up my steps to 8,000 steps a day.
- Swap 2 work commutes a week to cycling.
- Run 25k a week.
- 3 nursery walks/week (during school holidays).
Whatever you can pledge goes into the bank and every mile counts. Let’s get this chart to 5000!
Did you know that increasing your fitness levels has the following benefits:
- Releases endorphins (our happy hormone) lifting your mood & energy levels.
- Reduce your risk of major illnesses including diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
- Improve sleep quality.
- Reduce your risk of stress, dementia and anxiety.
Did you know that £5000 could:
- Enable us to support 200 families with baby food and formula.
- Buy bundles of toiletries for 500 infants.
- Help 400 babies sleep, by providing cot mattresses.
And every donation helps:
- £10 buys formula milk or a bundle of toiletries for an infant.
- £20 buys 1 new mattress for a baby’s cot or a complete formula/food package.
- £50 buys two new mattresses and 1 full food/formula package.
How do I get involved?
Whether you sign up as an individual, family, team, or organisation we’ve made it quick and easy:
- Register now via the form.
- Receive your goody bag, which includes a T-shirt.
- Set your target.
- Share your success, hashtag, pics and the donation link.
So come and join us this summer to help your body and mind feel good alongside helping us to support families and bring a smile to their faces with the funds you donate.