We’re incredibly grateful for all acceptable items on our list.
Please visit the donations page where you will find a list of your nearest drop off points and their opening hours.
Please only donate items that are clean, free of stains, in good working order and in a condition you would happily pass on to friends or family.
Please include all fittings/ screws for stairgates and cots. If you have any instruction manuals as well that’s a bonus!
Please check straps, brakes and wheels are in good working order on buggies and that the buggy can be folded.
Please wash all clothing/towels/bedding before donating.
Clothing for ages 0-5: Please check our social media, website homepage or email us to see what we are currently accepting. We often close for clothing donations as we have limited storage and large amounts of these donations.
Here is a list of acceptable items:
- Sealed Formula. Powdered or liquid, no prescription formula.
- Bottles, teats, dummies and other feeding items. New and sealed only.
- Nappies. New and sealed only.
- Nappy bags and nappy liners.
- Baby wipes. Sealed and unopened.
- Toiletries for babies and adults. Sealed and unopened.
- Sanitary products.
- Breast Pads.
- Prams/Strollers. No used car seats.
- Moses baskets / bedside cribs. Please check with us first for cribs with unusual sizing as we often can’t accept due to being unable to source a matching mattress.
- Cots and toddler beds. Please ensure all the screws and bolts are with the item so it can be assembled safely. No used mattresses.
- Bedding and sheets for moses baskets, cribs, cots and cotbeds.
- Stairgates. Please ensure that all screws and bolts are securely attached, so it can be assembled safely.
- Slings/baby carriers.
- Change/travel bags.
- Bottle warmers/breast pumps.
- Toys/books. No cuddly/soft toys please, and toys of a manageable size as many of our families have limited space.
- Bouncy chairs. No large swing seats/ activity chairs.
This is not an exhaustive list, if you have any queries on what you can donate, do not hesitate to contact us.
At Leeds Baby Bank we are governed by strict regulations and guidelines as well as limited for storage. For this reason we cannot accept:
- Used car seats or pram parts.
- Used mattresses.
- Baby Boxes.
- Any product that is faulty or has been recalled back by the manufacturer.
- Prescription milk.
- Opened cartons/tins of baby milk.
- Opened bottles/tubes/containers of toiletries.
- Used bottles, teats, feeding equipment such as bowls, cutlery and plastic bibs and dummies.
- Used potties or toilet seats.
This is not an exhaustive list, if you have any queries on what you cannot donate, do not hesitate to contact us.
We are based at Unit 4 Upper Mall, St John’s Centre, Merrion Street, Leeds, LS2 8LQ.
All financial donations go directly towards helping families across our city who are in crisis. This could be through funding high demand essentials such as bottles or mattresses or towards running costs for our unit so we can continue to deliver our service. If you would like to financially donate a specific item please use our Amazon or Easho wish lists.
We take referrals from professionals only. Via our referral form, we can provide one big referral with two further small top ups for items such as nappies/milk/clothes. If you would like to make a referral please fill in our online form.
Please note: All items requested via this form must be collected from our premises at Unit 4 Upper Mall, St John’s Centre, Merrion Street, Leeds, LS2 8LQ.
We are open Monday and Thursday between 9.30am and 3pm. Friday 9.30am till 12.30pm. If you need your car to be booked into the loading bay please let us know your preferred day/time and car registration number so it can be booked in with security. All collections must be booked in security at least 48 hours in advance. To get to the loading bay please come to the trade entrance, Wormald Row, Leeds, LS1 8EQ.
Leeds Baby Bank can provide one big referral with two further small top ups for items such as nappies/milk/clothes. It is vital you ask for everything you require on the referral form.
If we do not have the items you have requested we will put a plea out to the public to try and source the items you require. If they still are not available you will go on a waiting list until we can find the item.